Mystery!; Miss Marple, Series II: Sleeping Murder
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Miss Marple, Series II: Sleeping Murder
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Broadcast June 4 and 11, 2006 A young woman, Gwenda, is instinctively drawn to her perfect home in the picturesque seaside village of Dilmouth while searching for a house. Yet the house has a terrible past, a past Gwenda is forced to confront as she suffers a disturbing case of déjà vu.
It transpires that Gwenda lived in the very same house as a child and witnessed a murder -- that of her father's beautiful fiancée Helen, a singer in a flamboyant musical troupe. When Gwenda -- with the help of her love-struck friend Hugh Hornbeam and local detective Inspector Primer -- begins to dig into the pasts of a long roll call of suspects, Hornbeam consults a family acquaintance with an appetite for crime solving -- a certain Miss Jane Marple...
Sleeping Murder also stars Dawn French (The Vicar of Dibley, David Copperfield), Sophia Myles (Oliver Twist, Foyle's War), Paul McGann (Forgotten, Kidnapped), Phil Davis (Bleak House, White Teeth), Geraldine Chaplin (A Foreign Field), Anna-Louise Plowman (He Knew He Was Right) and Aidan McArdle.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Miss Marple, Series II: Sleeping Murder,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D87956EFCB6646C69C8177D02ED71851.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Miss Marple, Series II: Sleeping Murder.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D87956EFCB6646C69C8177D02ED71851>.
- APA: Mystery!; Miss Marple, Series II: Sleeping Murder. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D87956EFCB6646C69C8177D02ED71851