War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Korean Demilitarized Zone
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
Panning shots of the Korean demilitarized zone. Shots of the Bridge of No Return. Tour given to Korean War veterans by Specialist Warden. Interviews with Korean War veterans.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
Korean Demilitarized Zone
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- United States
- Soviet Union
- Conventional warfare
- North Korea
- Nuclear weapons
- South Korea
- War and Conflict
- Global Affairs
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Korean Demilitarized Zone,” 06/11/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D866A4BFFD8146189B2244BE216D2AFD.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Korean Demilitarized Zone.” 06/11/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D866A4BFFD8146189B2244BE216D2AFD>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; Korean Demilitarized Zone. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D866A4BFFD8146189B2244BE216D2AFD