Sister Wendy’s American Collection; Cleveland Museum of Art, The
Episode 3 ; reel two of two ; NOLA : SISWAC 103 (C1)
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Sister Wendy’s American Collection
- Cleveland Museum of Art, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in September 2001 Art commentator and nun Sister Wendy Beckett once again delights PBS audiences with a new six-part series -- this time filmed exclusively in America and featuring art objects from around the world. In a personal guide for beginners and serious art enthusiasts alike, Sister Wendy brings her unique intelligence and powers of observation to the beauties of paintings, sculptures, decorative arts and other arts of six major American museums. Series release date: 9/2001
- Program Description
Sister Wendy learns there’s more to The Art Institute of Chicago than its world-famous collection of French Impressionistic paintings, which includes works by Seurat and Renoir. She alerts viewers to the museum’s treasures from many places around the globe, such as Latin America, West Africa, Asia, and the United States. In Sister Wendy’s world, pre-Columbian sculpture, Korean pottery, and a West African drum receive equal time with Hopper’s Nighthawks, Chagall’s stained-glass windows, and Grant Woods’s American Gothic.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Fine Arts
- Chicago: “Sister Wendy’s American Collection; Cleveland Museum of Art, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D85068EDC9084C43B04D754AB4D17EC0.
- MLA: “Sister Wendy’s American Collection; Cleveland Museum of Art, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D85068EDC9084C43B04D754AB4D17EC0>.
- APA: Sister Wendy’s American Collection; Cleveland Museum of Art, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D85068EDC9084C43B04D754AB4D17EC0