Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Will They Like The Show? It’s a Shoe-In
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Will They Like The Show? It’s a Shoe-In
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Ruff designs a new kind of sneaker—the kind that's ridiculous and annoying! DJ and Sammy head to a sneaker company to design and build more functional footwear. As Ruff tries to remove his shoes, he falls over a trunk containing his old street performer props—so he decides to send Jay and Sam to learn the art of street performing.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Will They Like The Show? It’s a Shoe-In,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D8289B86954747819948D8758DDB92AA.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Will They Like The Show? It’s a Shoe-In.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D8289B86954747819948D8758DDB92AA>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Will They Like The Show? It’s a Shoe-In. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D8289B86954747819948D8758DDB92AA