Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Thickening
Simply Ming Ep 1004 Susur Lee - Thickening SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Thickening
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Thickening with Guest Susur Lee In this episode of Simply Ming – the key to making sauces – thickening. Ming demonstrates how to make a reduction and a roux. And joining him in the kitchen is Top Chef Masters culinary sensation, Susur Lee. Together Ming and Susur will cook on the fly, using mystery ingredients and the technique of thickening to serve up two tasty dishes: Chinese-Style Paella and Seared Chicken Breast Orzo Risotto with Endive Caper Salad.
Recipes Seared Chicken Breast Orzo Risotto with Endive-Caper Salad Susur Lee's Chinese-Style Paella
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Thickening,” 09/13/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D826DB24E0C243AA8FA38CB263F1F355.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Thickening.” 09/13/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D826DB24E0C243AA8FA38CB263F1F355>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Thickening. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D826DB24E0C243AA8FA38CB263F1F355