Columbus and the Age of Discovery; Columbus’ Magnificent Voyage
Uncaptioned 1st Generation
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Columbus and the Age of Discovery
- Columbus’ Magnificent Voyage
- Program Number
- Series Description
Seven part documentary series which chronicles Christopher Columbus' voyage and the age in which he lived. Explores the ramifications of European exploration on both their own cultures and that of the indigenous populations. An international co-production kicking off the 500th anniversary of the first voyage of Columbus. Series filmed on location in Argentina, the Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Germany, Ghana, Egypt, England, Haiti, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, United States and Venezuela. Featuring Mauricio Obregon as the principal on-camera Columbus expert. Narrated by Will Lyman. Series release date: 10/1991
- Program Description
Recreated from the seven-part PBS series, "Columbus and the Age of Discovery," this program focuses on the epic adventure of the great navigator's first Atlantic crossing, as well as on the mixed fortunes of his later voyages and the complex, enduring legacy of the encounter he initiated between the peoples of the Old and New Worlds. This program analyzes how Christopher Columbus came to stand at history's most critical juncture, and how both hemispheres were changed forever by his "Enterprise of the Indies."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “Columbus and the Age of Discovery; Columbus’ Magnificent Voyage,” 09/11/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 5, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D823076D633A4C79B7FE36542C93501E.
- MLA: “Columbus and the Age of Discovery; Columbus’ Magnificent Voyage.” 09/11/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 5, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D823076D633A4C79B7FE36542C93501E>.
- APA: Columbus and the Age of Discovery; Columbus’ Magnificent Voyage. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D823076D633A4C79B7FE36542C93501E