Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep's Moon Mission; Many Moons of Quack the Duck, The
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Peep's Moon Mission; Many Moons of Quack the Duck, The
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 28 (28a/29b) Peep's Moon Mission Peep, Quack and Chirp argue over whether the moon is perfectly round -- or more like a half-eaten peach.
Interstitial: It’s night time and the sky is clear. The kids are looking at the moon and observing its shape. Thanks to a look through Dad’s telescope, they can see the surface of the moon, too.
The Many Moons of Quack the Duck Despite all evidence to the contrary, Quack insists that there are many moons in the sky -- the day moon, the night moon, the orange moon, the striped moon...
Interstitial: Now it’s daytime and the kids are looking for the moon. They can’t find it in the morning but later in the afternoon they see it. It looks different than the night before. It also looks like a cheese quesadilla!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep's Moon Mission; Many Moons of Quack the Duck, The,” 10/19/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7F41582DF8843B8AA9743AB02A92718.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep's Moon Mission; Many Moons of Quack the Duck, The.” 10/19/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7F41582DF8843B8AA9743AB02A92718>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Peep's Moon Mission; Many Moons of Quack the Duck, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7F41582DF8843B8AA9743AB02A92718