Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Investigating Word Meaning
Show #9 Investigating Word Meaning Angie Zapata, Mathews Elementary School, Austin TX Protection Master-Work for hire Copyright Annenberg Media 2006
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices
- Investigating Word Meaning
- Program Number
- Series Description
Completed in 2005 This video workshop with auxiliary classroom videos will show intermediate elementary teachers how to help their students transition from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” The entire classroom lessons are included in eight additional video programs for optional further exploration of each topic. Series release date: 2005
- Program Description
Using a passage from Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White, Angie Zapata teaches her third graders how to use context clues to discover the meaning of unfamiliar words. Ms. Zapata’s mini-lesson also models individual and small group work, as well book groups. (Optional classroom program)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Lawman, Kelly (Series Producer)
- Browne, John (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Investigating Word Meaning,” 03/06/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7B815A1EACA40849716BC8990A1B807.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Investigating Word Meaning.” 03/06/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7B815A1EACA40849716BC8990A1B807>.
- APA: Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Investigating Word Meaning. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7B815A1EACA40849716BC8990A1B807