Arthur; Wheel Deal, The; Buster Report, The
WGBH Master The Wheel Deal, 177A The Buster Report, 177B
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Wheel Deal, The; Buster Report, The
- Program Number
1401; 177A; 177B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual titles for additional assets.
The Wheel Deal, 177A After an injury, Brain has to spend some time using a wheelchair. But now he can’t compete in a basketball tournament for charity! Or, can he? He meets a new friend, Lydia Fox, who just happens to be a wheelchair basketball player…and shows him how it’s done. (Lydia is the winning character of the “ARTHUR CVS All Kids Can” Contest!)
Educational Objective: With a little guidance and coaching from a wheelchair basketball player, Brian learns how to continue doing every day tasks despite having a physical disability.
The Buster Report, 177B The kids are assigned to write a report on someone they admire. To everyone’s surprise, most especially Buster’s, George picks….Buster! Will George focus on Buster’s joke telling, the sandwich named after Buster, or Buster’s famous food collection? Or...will George sing the praises of some of Buster’s other traits that often go overlooked?
Educational Objective: Buster learns that the most admirable qualities in a person are the ones that are more authentic.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Wheel Deal, The; Buster Report, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7A725DEB0FD41A6896D7AC81C781C31.
- MLA: “Arthur; Wheel Deal, The; Buster Report, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7A725DEB0FD41A6896D7AC81C781C31>.
- APA: Arthur; Wheel Deal, The; Buster Report, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7A725DEB0FD41A6896D7AC81C781C31