Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Caramelizing
Simply Ming Ep 1003 Jody Adams - Caramelizing SD Upconvert
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Caramelizing
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Caramelization with Guest Jody Adams This week on Simply Ming – Caramelization - a technique that enhances both savory and sweet cooking. Done right it enhances a dish, and done wrong will turn it bitter. Joining Ming in the kitchen is Chef Jody Adams. Together they cook on the fly creating: Scallops with Curried Gooseberries and Loin Lamb Chops with Plums.
Recipes Lamb with Plums Jody Adams' Curried Gooseberry Scallops
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Caramelizing,” 08/23/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7212D7107AD46A68A6CAD1C26F4F39B.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Caramelizing.” 08/23/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7212D7107AD46A68A6CAD1C26F4F39B>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Caramelizing. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D7212D7107AD46A68A6CAD1C26F4F39B