Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Inventors, The
Inventors, The 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Inventors, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 33 Curious about the most advanced gadgets in the 21st century kitchen? Come along and meet the people who are pushing the art of cooking to new heights. First, former chief technology officer of Microsoft shows off his incredible home kitchen, which is full of high-tech gizmos. Next we’ll travel to France to meet the man who coined the term “molecular gastronomy,” and discover why he thinks everyone should be a chemist. Finally, in Chicago the genius behind the “anti-griddle” shows us his latest inventions. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, we’ll give you a few tips to inspire your inner inventor.
RECIPES “Caprese” Salad Pasta with Tomato Essence Tomato Powder
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Inventors, The,” 04/10/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D50BED3084B74B04BA3275BDDF90D594.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Inventors, The.” 04/10/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D50BED3084B74B04BA3275BDDF90D594>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Inventors, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D50BED3084B74B04BA3275BDDF90D594