Design Squad; Escape From Misery Island, Part 2
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Design Squad
- Escape From Misery Island, Part 2
- Program Number
- Series Description
Sneak Preview on WGBH 2 February 24, 2007 Series premiere March 24, 2007
DESIGN SQUAD, a series for kids, is something new on the block - it's aimed at 9- to 12-year-olds, it borrows from the hugely popular reality competition format and it intends to get its viewers excited about engineering. This weekly half-hour series will be serious fun for kids (and adults) of all ages. In 13 episodes, two teams of high school students (ages 16-19) design, build and test whimsical machines and innovative products - everything from a wireless light and dance show to an automatic pancake maker - for real clients. Guided by two engineer hosts (a male and female twenty-something duo: NOT your stereotypical men-with-pocket-protectors), DESIGN SQUAD teams are scored for their ability to think outside the box and meet (or surpass) the demands of the challenge at hand. In the final episode, the top two scorers battle for the Grand Prize: a $10,000 college scholarship.
Series release date: 03/24/2007
- Program Description
In the final showdown, the teams test their sea legs by building sailboats to race across the open ocean. The captain of the winning team is awarded a $10,000 college scholarship from the Intel Foundation.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Game Show
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Design Squad; Escape From Misery Island, Part 2,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D4DCE5CEBE54429BB30F5B78DDA01596.
- MLA: “Design Squad; Escape From Misery Island, Part 2.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D4DCE5CEBE54429BB30F5B78DDA01596>.
- APA: Design Squad; Escape From Misery Island, Part 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D4DCE5CEBE54429BB30F5B78DDA01596