Antiques Roadshow; Salt Lake City, UT
Hour 2 EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
413: No trip to Salt Lake City, Utah, would be complete without a visit to Temple Square and the Mormon Tabernacle, and ANTIQUES ROADSHOW host Chris Jussel adds historical context to these dramatic landmarks. At the Salt Palace Convention Center, appraisers spot a unique piece of human hair jewelry, a stunning diamond and pearl tiara ring and a striking collection of Native American beadwork.
414: From the shores of the Great Salt Lake, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW host Chris Jussel recalls the heyday of the Mormon resort and amusement park known as Saltair, which was built in 1893 and became one of the area's most popular attractions. Curious collectors gather at the Salt Palace Convention Center where appraisers identify an important Mormon document, a delightful mechanical birdcage and an unusual bronze statue of Napoleon worth between $15,000 and $20,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Salt Lake City, UT,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D48D3233FB7F4AB4989C99DC8EBED52D.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Salt Lake City, UT.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D48D3233FB7F4AB4989C99DC8EBED52D>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Salt Lake City, UT. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D48D3233FB7F4AB4989C99DC8EBED52D