Ten O'Clock News; Bombed prop jet
Damaged remains of bombed prop jet outside Eastern Airlines hangar at Logan Airport. Yellow Massport fire truck. Fire fighters spraying wreckage. Group of men examine ruined fuselage and wing.
- Ten O'Clock News
Bombed prop jet
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Logan International Airport
- Massachusetts Port Authority
- Fire fighters
- East Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Bombed prop jet,” 07/02/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3EFDDB9A1164DC48D2952C32BD13589.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Bombed prop jet.” 07/02/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3EFDDB9A1164DC48D2952C32BD13589>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Bombed prop jet. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3EFDDB9A1164DC48D2952C32BD13589