American Experience; Nixon; Wounded GI's and North Vietnamese, 1968
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Wounded US troops, North Vietnamese dead. After North Vietnamese routed at Dong Ha. _-_ 1.North Vietnamese bodies. Badly wounded man, US, bloodied and blackened flesh on leg, booby-trap result. Medics assisting. (Given last rites?) Vietcong suspects, bags over heads. One led to building. Flare set off, helicopter coming in. (23', starts silent, sound on film near end.) _-_ 2. More silent suspects, more of wounded man. Corpses with blackened faces. Vietcong. GIs. (22', silent) _-_ 3. North Vietnam corpses, including body covered with maggots. (25', silent) _-_ 4. GIs on patrol, walking single file. More of leg, wounded by booby trap. (Did this happen in sequence?) Medics. Black GI, kneeling, swaying in prayer. (Flashes on end of shot.) (38', silent) _-_ 5.Unit proceeding very slowly across field of high grass, rear shot. (32', sound on film) Contains sensitive content.
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Wounded GI's and North Vietnamese, 1968
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- War--Environmental aspects
- Vietnam (Democratic Republic)
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- United States--Armed Forces
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- War Environmental aspects
- United States--History--1945-
- Vietnam Demilitarized Zone (Vietnam)
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Medical care
- Prisoners of war
- Dong Ha (Vietnam)
- Dong Ha, Vietnam
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Wounded GI's and North Vietnamese, 1968,” 05/04/1968, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3D3713FA88B4ADC8A8098D723E026DE.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Wounded GI's and North Vietnamese, 1968.” 05/04/1968. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3D3713FA88B4ADC8A8098D723E026DE>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Wounded GI's and North Vietnamese, 1968. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3D3713FA88B4ADC8A8098D723E026DE