Evening at Pops; John Williams Gala Celebration
John Williams Portrait. CH: Narration; CH2: Narration Backup; CH3: m & NAT; CH4: M & NAT backup
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- John Williams Gala Celebration
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The 24th summertime season of EVENING AT POPS opens with a gala concert honoring John Williams in his 14th--and last--season as Boston Pops Orchestra conductor. This program, hosted by Richard Dreyfuss, features musical tributes from Jessye Norman and Aretha Franklin, a "surprise" appearance by Christopher Reeve, and personal messages from Itzhak Perlman and other good friends of Williams.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; John Williams Gala Celebration,” 05/04/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3B3DEFC8C174269B7E90BBA3A6C45EB.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; John Williams Gala Celebration.” 05/04/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3B3DEFC8C174269B7E90BBA3A6C45EB>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; John Williams Gala Celebration. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3B3DEFC8C174269B7E90BBA3A6C45EB