Martha Speaks; Martha and the One Thousand Fleas; Nice and Crabby
Martha Speaks MSPE 214 (dub) PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha and the One Thousand Fleas; Nice and Crabby
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha and the One Thousand Fleas
Helen is shocked to find that someone has eaten the cookies she was supposed to sell for the school fundraiser. Feeling stuffed and guilty, Martha knows just the thing to raise the money: a dog circus! Vocabulary
(E) charity, contribute, fundraiser, salesman, benefit
(I) funds, grand finale, money, owe, raise
Nice and Crabby
Crabby Mrs. Demson is suddenly friendly, cheerful, and fun. What could be wrong with her? Martha sets out to get to the bottom of the mystery. Vocabulary
(E) complain, disposition, cruel, personality, amiable
(I) grumpy, crabby, lovable, cranky, cheerful
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha and the One Thousand Fleas; Nice and Crabby,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3AF0E8E697E4743B6479B2CF77399CD.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha and the One Thousand Fleas; Nice and Crabby.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3AF0E8E697E4743B6479B2CF77399CD>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha and the One Thousand Fleas; Nice and Crabby. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3AF0E8E697E4743B6479B2CF77399CD