Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Sushi 101
Simply Ming Morimoto & Sushi
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Sushi 101
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
903: MORIMOTO & SUSHI LOCATION: MORIMOTO NAPA, NAPA, CA
MING IS ON THE ROAD AND HEADING TO NAPA VALLEY. ON THIS EPISODE OF SIMPLY MING, LEARN HOW TO MAKE SUSHI FROM THE MASTER, IRON CHEF MORIMOTO, WHEN MING STOPS IN AT HIS DOWNTOWN NAPA VALLEY RESTAURANT. TOGETHER THE CHEFS TAKE US THROUGH SUSHI 101. WITH PERFECTLY COOKED AND SEASONED RICE, FRESH FARM PRODUCE FROM NAPA VALLEY, AND PRISTINE FISH.... THEY COME UP WITH MING'S OMUSUBI WITH ALASKAN CRAB SALAD AND MORIMOTO'S SASHIMI SALAD.
RECIPES: MASAHARU MORIMOTO'S SASHIMI SALAD (CHIRASHI ZUSHI) OMUSUBI WITH ALASKAN KING CRAB SALAD
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Sushi 101,” 10/18/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D38DD1011C2A43C4AA007B13D4762B2E.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Sushi 101.” 10/18/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D38DD1011C2A43C4AA007B13D4762B2E>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Sushi 101. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D38DD1011C2A43C4AA007B13D4762B2E