Evening at Pops; Ella Fitzgerald (1976)
Ella Fitzgerald performs a Duke Ellington medley and songs by Gershwin and Porter. Herb Pomeroy is featured on trumpet.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Ella Fitzgerald (1976)
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Boston Pops Orchestra and Ella Fitzgerald perform: Sousa: Free Lance, March Loesser/Mason: Selections form Guys and Dolls Gershwin: Thou Swell Gershwin: Our Love is Here to Stay Ellington: Ellington Tunes Porter: Cole Porter Medley Gershwin: S'Wonderful Porter: Why Can't You Behave Gershwin: My Ship Tozol/Ellington/Mills: Caravan
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Ella Fitzgerald (1976),” 06/29/1976, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3660A85730A4D8BA0BF3A4C0C2246D1.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Ella Fitzgerald (1976).” 06/29/1976. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3660A85730A4D8BA0BF3A4C0C2246D1>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Ella Fitzgerald (1976). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3660A85730A4D8BA0BF3A4C0C2246D1