Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Paulo Sotero
La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Paulo Sotero 5/12/11 #3316 TRT: 26:46 TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: CC, Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Paulo Sotero
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
The classic images of Brazil are Carnival, samba and soccer, but this Portuguese-speaking country of 190 million people is much more than that. The fifth-largest country in the world, Brazil is rapidly establishing itself as a leading global force culturally, politically and economically. Paulo Sotero, director of the Brazil Institute at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington, discusses with María Hinojosa the economic future of Brazil, the country’s energy independence, and the 2014 Soccer World Cup.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Paulo Sotero,” 05/12/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3439FD95C3F488C9AADA470494248D3.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Paulo Sotero.” 05/12/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3439FD95C3F488C9AADA470494248D3>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Paulo Sotero. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D3439FD95C3F488C9AADA470494248D3