Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; New Literacies of the Internet
Show #5 New Literacies of the Internet Protectiion Master-Work for hire Copyright Annenberg Media 2006
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop
- New Literacies of the Internet
- Program Number
- Series Description
Completed in 2005 This video workshop with auxiliary classroom videos will show intermediate elementary teachers how to help their students transition from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” Eight half-hour workshop video programs feature leading experts who discuss current research on learning to read and teaching a diverse range of students. The research is illustrated by clips from real classroom lessons, allowing teachers to better understand and apply the research in their own classes. Series release date: 2005
- Program Description
This workshop focuses on the evolving use of networked technology in education. Literacy expert Donald Leu discusses strategies that help students effectively read, write, and communicate on the Internet. Classroom examples illustrate strategies for using Internet resources in the classroom.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Lawman, Kelly (Series Producer)
- Browne, John (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; New Literacies of the Internet,” 03/06/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2EA3B97EACF4F408EA43196DCDA5F23.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; New Literacies of the Internet.” 03/06/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2EA3B97EACF4F408EA43196DCDA5F23>.
- APA: Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; New Literacies of the Internet. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2EA3B97EACF4F408EA43196DCDA5F23