Arthur; Secret Guardians, The; Secret Origin of Supernova, The
D-Beta, green label broadcast master. Mix Tracks
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Secret Guardians, The; Secret Origin of Supernova, The
- Program Number
1307; 160A; 1310; 160B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets:
Secret Guardians, The, 160A
When Arthur, Binky and Sue Ellen stumble upon a beautiful and private woodland oasis right by their homes, they vow to tell no one and keep it as their secret spot. Before long, however, they start to find evidence of human habitation. Have they discovered an ancient civilization? Or has someone known about this special secret place all along?
Secret Origin of Supernova, The, 160B
Arthur is dismayed when he learns an energy drink endorsed by his favorite comic book character is full of sugar – it doesn’t give you any special energy or magic powers at all! Will Arthur be able to find any superheroes who aren’t out to make money – or can he create his own?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Secret Guardians, The; Secret Origin of Supernova, The,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 9, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2E0A42C07D947EFBEFBF2D8E730F899.
- MLA: “Arthur; Secret Guardians, The; Secret Origin of Supernova, The.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 9, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2E0A42C07D947EFBEFBF2D8E730F899>.
- APA: Arthur; Secret Guardians, The; Secret Origin of Supernova, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2E0A42C07D947EFBEFBF2D8E730F899