Evening at Pops; Laureate Conductor John Williams and Stanley Donen
#1905 Tribute to Stanley Donen
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Laureate Conductor John Williams and Stanley Donen
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Laureate Conductor John Williams and Stanley Donen" -- Boston Pops laureate conductor John Williams is joined by filmmaker Stanley Donen for an orchestral celebration of Donen's Hollywood musicals, highlighted by film clips from Royal Wedding, Deep in My Heart and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. The program also salutes Donen's work with the late Gene Kelly. In addition, Williams conducts "Summon the Heroes," his 1996 Summer Olympics theme.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Laureate Conductor John Williams and Stanley Donen,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 25, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2C75C313C614C2FB77C44EE81B589F7.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Laureate Conductor John Williams and Stanley Donen.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 25, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2C75C313C614C2FB77C44EE81B589F7>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Laureate Conductor John Williams and Stanley Donen. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2C75C313C614C2FB77C44EE81B589F7