Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Rice Paper Divider
Rough Cut 406 Rice Paper Divider Output Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Rice Paper Divider
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Rice Paper Divider – Shoji Workshop
This week on Rough Cut, we’ll be building an elegant and versatile bass wood room divider. In Japan they’re called shoji—which means screen—and they can be used to partition a room or filter light in front of a window. For our Rough Cut Road Trip, we’re heading to a shoji workshop in Queens, NY, where craftsmen create screens according to ancient Japanese methods.
Resources: Jointer Planer Mortising Chisel Hand Saw Rice Paper
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Rice Paper Divider,” 07/04/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2B90BA89433420FA46D0AD48B6E04FA.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Rice Paper Divider.” 07/04/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2B90BA89433420FA46D0AD48B6E04FA>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Rice Paper Divider. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D2B90BA89433420FA46D0AD48B6E04FA