Arthur; Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; More
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; More
- Program Number
607; 92A; 93B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The
All the kids know that George is smart -- so why does he sometimes have trouble reading and writing? With a little help from others with dyslexia like Principal Haney ... and Leonardo DiVinci! ... George and the gang discover that learning happens in all different ways.
D.W. is thrilled to be getting an allowance. At last, she'll be rich and powerful! When she learns that Emily and the Tibbles have been already getting theirs for ... well ... years, D.W. is devastated. How can she remain friends with them if they have more money than she does?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; More,” 10/16/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D15E2A3185AB406E8E531268E6693828.
- MLA: “Arthur; Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; More.” 10/16/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D15E2A3185AB406E8E531268E6693828>.
- APA: Arthur; Boy With His Head in the Clouds, The; More. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D15E2A3185AB406E8E531268E6693828