Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Willie Colon
La Plaza WGBH Master Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Willie Colon Program 2905 Length: 26:30 Closed Captioned 5/10/07
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Willie Colon
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One.
Salsa legend Willie Colón has earned 11 Grammy nominations and sold more than 30 million records worldwide.
In addition to his many solo albums, Colón has collaborated with other celebrated musicians, including Hector Lavoe, Celia Cruz, and Rubén Blades, with whom he produced Siembra, the best-selling salsa album of all time.
NOTE: The 1XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 29XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe program number: 104
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Willie Colon,” 05/10/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 21, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0E2A08BAA154F0C841EED601FF96F8B.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Willie Colon.” 05/10/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 21, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0E2A08BAA154F0C841EED601FF96F8B>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Willie Colon. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0E2A08BAA154F0C841EED601FF96F8B