Simply Ming; Thai Bird Chiles/ Maple Syrup
Thai Bird Chiles and Maple Syrup with Corinne Trang Anamorphic
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Thai Bird Chiles/ Maple Syrup
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Corinne Trang
Thai bird chile, the pepper that gives much of Asian cooking its heat, is paired with sweet maple syrup to create Ming’s East-West recipes this week. In the kitchen, Ming updates his childhood favorite, Piggies-In-A-Blanket, with a touch of spicy heat. For a flavorful “All-In-One” dish, Ming prepares Pork Belly Claypot. Then, using the East-West pair, Ming creates a delicious dessert, Maple Spice Cake with Maple-Thai Bird Cream. Guest chef Corinne Trang, author and food stylist, visits the studio and infuses her style into the East-West ingredients when she creates Grilled Shrimp with Sweet and Spicy Asian Mango Salsa.
Maple Spice Cake with Maple-Thai Bird Cream
Pork Belly Clay Pot
Corinne Trang's Sweet and Spicy Asian Mango Salsa with Grilled Shrimp
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Thai Bird Chiles/ Maple Syrup,” 03/15/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D09C3BFDDE254D85AF845316372BC0D3.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Thai Bird Chiles/ Maple Syrup.” 03/15/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D09C3BFDDE254D85AF845316372BC0D3>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Thai Bird Chiles/ Maple Syrup. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D09C3BFDDE254D85AF845316372BC0D3