Antiques Roadshow; Forever Young
1521 TForever Young EE Master - Textled, Mixed, No CC First Air Date: 11/21/11
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Forever Young
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
ROADSHOW celebrates objects for the young and the young at heart in this special edition. As the show's lovingly preserved appraisals prove, it's not only toys and teddy bears that capture the spirit of youth.
Appraisals include: 1908 L. M. Montgomery, "Anne of Green Gables," First Edition Appraised Value: $12,000 - $18,000; Child's Chaps & Spurs, ca. 1910 Appraised Value: $2,400 - $3,000; Edith Parsons "Turtle Baby" Fountain Appraised Value: $35,000 - $40,000; Child's Swan Sleigh, ca. 1880 Appraised Value: $20,000 - $30,000; Dr. Seuss "Cat in the Hat" Lunch Box Art, ca. 1970 Appraised Value: $10,000 - $15,000; 1819 Philadelphia School Girl Silk Embroidered Picture Appraised Value: $60,000 - $80,000;Dionne Quintuplet Dolls & Rocker, ca. 1935 Appraised Value: ; $2,500; Steiff Bear, ca. 1910 Appraised Value: $1,200 - $1,500.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Forever Young,” 11/21/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0948878605D4CB3B3EE162B1BE1499D.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Forever Young.” 11/21/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0948878605D4CB3B3EE162B1BE1499D>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Forever Young. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0948878605D4CB3B3EE162B1BE1499D