La Plaza; Los Munequitos De Matanzas
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- La Plaza
- Los Munequitos De Matanzas
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
performance of traditional afro/Cuban musical/dance group
The Muñequitos was among the first groups to popularize the rumba and set the trends for all the rumba groups in Cuba. Founded in 1952, they are an Afro-Cuban percussion, vocal and dance company whose work maintains a tradition pure.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Los Munequitos De Matanzas,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D02C91840CBC47E6B4C3094CF949A55F.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Los Munequitos De Matanzas.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D02C91840CBC47E6B4C3094CF949A55F>.
- APA: La Plaza; Los Munequitos De Matanzas. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D02C91840CBC47E6B4C3094CF949A55F