War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; "Weaponry in Space" Panel Discussion
Part of War and Peace in the Nuclear Age.
Panel discussion after the publication of the book "Weaponry in Space: The Dilemma of Security," with authors E. P. Velikhov and Andrei Afanasevich Kokoshin, as well as representatives from the Soviet scientific and academic community, and from Mir Publishers. Questions and answers are mainly in Russian with simultaneous English translation.
- War and Peace in the Nuclear Age
"Weaponry in Space" Panel Discussion
- Series Description
The first atomic explosion in the New Mexico desert on July 16, 1945, changed the world forever. This series chronicles these changes and the history of a new era. It traces the development of nuclear weapons, the evolution of nuclear strategy, and the politics of a world with the power to destroy itself.
In thirteen one-hour programs that combine historic footage and recent interviews with key American, Soviet, and European participants, the nuclear age unfolds: the origin and evolution of nuclear weapons; the people of the past who have shaped the events of the present; the ideas and issues that political leaders, scientists, and the public at large must confront, and the prospects for the future. Nuclear Age highlights the profound changes in contemporary thinking imposed by the advent of nuclear weapons. Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Committee of Soviet Scientists for Peace and Against the Nuclear Threat
- Nuclear weapons
- Strategic Defense Initiative
- Soviet Union
- Moscow, USSR
- War and Conflict
- Global Affairs
- Kokoshin, Andrei Afanasevich (Panelist)
- Velikhov, E. P. (Panelist)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; "Weaponry in Space" Panel Discussion,” 12/17/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D02BF7DEEAC34A738DAF6FF94C05D6CD.
- MLA: “War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; "Weaponry in Space" Panel Discussion.” 12/17/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D02BF7DEEAC34A738DAF6FF94C05D6CD>.
- APA: War and Peace in the Nuclear Age; "Weaponry in Space" Panel Discussion. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D02BF7DEEAC34A738DAF6FF94C05D6CD