Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Southern India: The Spice of Life
India: The Spice of Life 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Southern India: The Spice of Life
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Southern India: The Spice of Life EPISODE 21
Join us as we experience the flavors that define South Indian cuisine. We'll visit the home of an award-winning author where she savors the enduring recipes and aromatic spices that connect her to family and an ancient past. Next, we'll visit a tiny farming community where local farmers cultivate indigenous ragi grain without the use of pesticides. We'll also travel along the western Malabar coast where a distinguished chef makes a local favorite using the region's abundant seafood and coconuts.
RECIPES Panni Poori Meen Moolee Tandoori Chicken
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Southern India: The Spice of Life,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0236EE30C9942799BB55370CFE93520.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Southern India: The Spice of Life.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0236EE30C9942799BB55370CFE93520>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Southern India: The Spice of Life. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_D0236EE30C9942799BB55370CFE93520