Ten O'Clock News; "Harvard: Where do we go from here?", Part 2
Part of this tape is a repeat of the end of Part 1. Originally broadcast as a WGBH news special, this tape was later used as source material for Ten O'Clock News stories. Roger Fisher moderates discussion among students, administrators, faculty about student strike at Harvard over ROTC, Afro-American studies, expansion into Boston and Cambridge. Participants include Jim Kiernan, a WGBH consultant; Brey O'Connell, a member of the Committee for Radical Structural Reform; Richard Rubinowitz, a representative of Harvard New College; Hugh Calkins, a member of the Harvard Corporation; and Norman Daniels, a member of the Strike Committee and of the Student for a Democratic Society. Several other students join in the conversation. Much argument over who has right to speak. Professors James Ackerman and Jerome Bruner join the table. Fisher tries to define points of contention. reel 2 of 2.
- Ten O'Clock News
"Harvard: Where do we go from here?", Part 2
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Student protesters
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.)
- Harvard University
- African Americans -- Study and teaching
- Universities and colleges
- Strikes and lockouts
- Cambridge (Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; "Harvard: Where do we go from here?", Part 2,” 04/17/1969, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFCF519FB47F4255BB845182E7DD1DE8.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; "Harvard: Where do we go from here?", Part 2.” 04/17/1969. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFCF519FB47F4255BB845182E7DD1DE8>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; "Harvard: Where do we go from here?", Part 2. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFCF519FB47F4255BB845182E7DD1DE8