Eyes on the Prize II: A Special Presentation of American Experience; Nation Of Law, A (1968-1971)
SD-Base. Broadcast version. No cc/dvs. EPRZ 106
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Eyes on the Prize II: A Special Presentation of American Experience
- Nation Of Law, A (1968-1971)
- Program Number
- Series Description
Sundays February 3- 24, 2008
Nearly two decades after its 1990 premiere, the groundbreaking second season of "Eyes on the Prize" returns to PBS as a special presentation of AMERICAN EXPERIENCE in February 2008 in honor of Black History Month. The series documents the journey of black Americans seeking justice, power and identity, from the mid-1960s to the mid-1980s, and shows the profound effect this movement had on all Americans. Through historical footage and interviews, "Eyes on the Prize" examines the triumphs and failures of individuals and communities eager to give flesh to the movement's hard-won gains. The series also probes the transition to a more challenging time in America's social history. Series release date: 2/3/2008
- Program Description
Black activism is increasingly met with a sometimes violent and unethical response from local and federal law enforcement agencies. In Chicago, two Black Panther Party leaders are killed in a pre-dawn raid by police acting on information supplied by an FBI informant. In the wake of President Nixon's call to "law and order," stepped-up arrests push the already poor conditions at New York's Attica State Prison to the limit. A five-day inmate takeover calling the public's attention to the conditions leaves 43 men dead: four killed by inmates, 39 by police.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Race and Ethnicity
- Social Issues
- Chicago: “Eyes on the Prize II: A Special Presentation of American Experience; Nation Of Law, A (1968-1971),” 10/04/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFCA63D6EE4C4110987EA7BB5ED0E87C.
- MLA: “Eyes on the Prize II: A Special Presentation of American Experience; Nation Of Law, A (1968-1971).” 10/04/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFCA63D6EE4C4110987EA7BB5ED0E87C>.
- APA: Eyes on the Prize II: A Special Presentation of American Experience; Nation Of Law, A (1968-1971). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFCA63D6EE4C4110987EA7BB5ED0E87C