Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Tuscany By Vintage Car
ITaly : Cars SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Italy: Tuscany By Vintage Car
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Todd English tours Tuscany in a 1961 Alpha Romeo and his journey is all about food, people and fun. Join Todd as he cooks dinner for a tough crowd, the leading gastronomic journalists of Italy. Back at Olives, his restaurant in Boston, it smells like a Tuscan kitchen when Todd takes the old techniques and makes new flavor sensations.
Recipes: Roasted Chicken with Pici
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Tuscany By Vintage Car,” 04/03/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFB1CDCBA93542AC8ABD99C8689956F1.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Tuscany By Vintage Car.” 04/03/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFB1CDCBA93542AC8ABD99C8689956F1>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Tuscany By Vintage Car. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CFB1CDCBA93542AC8ABD99C8689956F1