Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores with Fortunad (Fortunato) Garcia
Simply Ming Azores: Wine & Tapas SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in the Azores with Fortunad (Fortunato) Garcia
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Seafood and the Azores go hand in hand, and on today’s episode of Simply Ming, Ming gets right into the thick of things when he travels to the beautiful area of Caldeira do Santo Cristo. Here with the help of local vintner Fortunad (Fortunato) Garcia, Ming will help create four unique tapas-style dishes using classic Azorean ingredients.
Recipes Sauteed Steak with Garlic, Chiles and Wine Pan-Fried Linguica and Onions Limpets with Garlic Butter Wine Sauce French Toast with Pineapple-Fig Flambe
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores with Fortunad (Fortunato) Garcia,” 12/26/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 26, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CF971E3F43F24183A37DC7DF89319CE3.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores with Fortunad (Fortunato) Garcia.” 12/26/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 26, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CF971E3F43F24183A37DC7DF89319CE3>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores with Fortunad (Fortunato) Garcia. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CF971E3F43F24183A37DC7DF89319CE3