Evening at Pops; Itzhak Perlman And Peter Schickele
Evening at Pops 1995 ( rerun ?)
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Itzhak Perlman And Peter Schickele
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
This program recreates the emotion of Oscar night when celebrated violinist Itzhak Perlman and conductor/composer John Williams reunite to perform selections from their Academy Award-winning collaboration on the film score for "Schindler's List." The evening also brings some lighthearted entertainment as the versatile Perlman hosts and reads "Sneaky Pete and the Wolf," the clever new narration by musical parodist Peter Schickele based on the classic "Peter and the Wolf." Schickele, whose abilities as a violinist have managed to escape public notice, takes the stage with Perlman for the television premiere of a "memorable" double violin concerto.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Itzhak Perlman And Peter Schickele,” 06/15/1995, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CF600858EE164BBA9CE2D0108A3B0D2F.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Itzhak Perlman And Peter Schickele.” 06/15/1995. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CF600858EE164BBA9CE2D0108A3B0D2F>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Itzhak Perlman And Peter Schickele. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CF600858EE164BBA9CE2D0108A3B0D2F