Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Our Relationship With The Common Market
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt
- Our Relationship With The Common Market
- Program Number
- Series Description
Roundtable discussion of foreign and domestic affairs featuring leading political, academic, and journalistic experts. Series was hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt and was filmed on location at Brandies University. Series release date: 1959
- Program Description
Guests: George Ball, Undersecretary of State (postlude only). Robert Marjolin, Vice President of the Commission of the European Economic Community; Kenneth Younger, Director General of Chatham House (the Royal Institute of International Affairs in London); Albert Kervyn (Baron Albert Kervyn de Lettenhove), Director of Belgium's National Planning Office; Edwin Dale, European economic correspondent for the New York Times.
Mrs. Roosevelt and her guests discuss the prospects of Great Britain's joining the European Common Market (official name: European Economic Community) and what such a move would mean to the United States. They also explore the differences between the Common Market idea and Atlantic partnership, as well as the relation between President Kennedy's proposed tariff bill and the Common Market.
The major portion of this program has been recorded at Radiodiffusion Television Francaise in Paris. A postlude with Undersecretary of State George Ball was recorded March 27 in Washington, D.C.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Public Affairs
- Chicago: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Our Relationship With The Common Market,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CEDD4D747C3B4F1CAA30E68465000F28.
- MLA: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Our Relationship With The Common Market.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CEDD4D747C3B4F1CAA30E68465000F28>.
- APA: Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Our Relationship With The Common Market. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CEDD4D747C3B4F1CAA30E68465000F28