American Experience; Nixon; Da Nang rocket victims
Part of The Vietnam Collection.
Contains sensitive content. Danang rocket attack victims. Dead and wounded, night. 1. Bloody survivors, women and children. Stretcher. Weeping women. Rescuers pulling bodies from rubble, using flashlights. Covering bodies with sheets. (37' - starts silent / SOF / ends silent) 2. Rescuers working, one day shot, more rubble, darkness, dim light. Pulling bodies out. Timber. Corrugated metal used for stretcher. Survivors comforting each other. Body on stretcher. Sheets. Weeping women. (97' SOF) 3. Foot, pan to weeping woman. More of woman against beam, crying. Smoking rubble, light directed across it. (65" SOF)
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- American Experience
- Program Number
Da Nang rocket victims
- Series Description
Premiered October 1988 As television's longest-running, most-watched history series, American Experience brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that helped form this nation. Now in its eighteenth season, the series has produced over 180 programs and garnered every major broadcast award. Series release date: 10/1988
- Program Description
In this three-hour presentation, Richard Nixon's life and political career are reassessed primarily by those who knew him best. The program chronicles his life from boyhood in Yorba Linda, California, through his days as a young Congressman to his presidency where he astounded the nation with his foreign policy initiatives and then left office in disgrace.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- United States--History, Military--20th century
- Civilian war casualties
- Vietnam (Republic)
- Women in war
- Search and rescue operations
- Urban warfare
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Medical care
- Rescue work
- Da Nang (Vietnam)
- War and society
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975
- Children and war
- Da Nang, South Vietnam
- Publication Information
- ABC News VideoSource
- Rights Summary
Footage courtesy of ABC News Rights Holder: ABC News VideoSource (http://abcnews.go.com)
- Chicago: “American Experience; Nixon; Da Nang rocket victims,” 03/19/1969, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CE007C52894740DF853AA8AC9967DD21.
- MLA: “American Experience; Nixon; Da Nang rocket victims.” 03/19/1969. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CE007C52894740DF853AA8AC9967DD21>.
- APA: American Experience; Nixon; Da Nang rocket victims. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CE007C52894740DF853AA8AC9967DD21