Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Reducing the Calories and Cats in Your Life
DTO (download-to-own) Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- Reducing the Calories and Cats in Your Life
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season Two (2) Broadcast 2007 Ruff maintains that pizza is as healthy as tofu salad, while Blossom, his cat intern, insists that it's not. While looking in the phone book for a pizza caterer to prove his hypothesis, he runs across a cat adoption service. Hmmm... Can he put Blossom up for adoption? Wheels turning, Ruff sends Mike and Nina to a school to make healthy pizzas, and Bridget and Madi head out to an animal shelter. Can the kids make a healthy pizza? And is Ruff secretly trying to find Blossom a new home?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Reducing the Calories and Cats in Your Life,” 05/04/2007, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CDF1C811263547678268B18DC86D4871.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Reducing the Calories and Cats in Your Life.” 05/04/2007. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CDF1C811263547678268B18DC86D4871>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; Reducing the Calories and Cats in Your Life. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CDF1C811263547678268B18DC86D4871