Arthur; Is That Kosher; Frensky Family Fiasco, The
Cookie Jar 147A and 147 B Broadcast Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Is That Kosher; Frensky Family Fiasco, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
1201: 10/6/2008: Cookie Jar 147A
"Is that Kosher?" Joan Rivers lends her voice as Francine's sharp-tongued grandma, Bubba, in this episode about family traditions and communal celebration. Francine's convinced that she can fast on Yom Kippur just like her older sister. But then Arthur wins a free pizza party for all his friends for that very same day! Will Francine be able to resist? With Bubba's help, Francine learns that there's more to the special holiday than making it through a fast.
1202: 10/13/2008: 147B
"The Frensky Family Fiasco" Francine wants the Frenskys to be closer, so she proposes a weekly Family Night. But spending quality time together turns out to be harder than expected. How many burnt pizzas and card-playing fights can one family handle? Maybe they all can learn that togetherness itself is more important than observing an organized activity.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Is That Kosher; Frensky Family Fiasco, The,” 08/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD845C59CBA047649C6E63A5B4DE603F.
- MLA: “Arthur; Is That Kosher; Frensky Family Fiasco, The.” 08/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD845C59CBA047649C6E63A5B4DE603F>.
- APA: Arthur; Is That Kosher; Frensky Family Fiasco, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD845C59CBA047649C6E63A5B4DE603F