Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores
Simply Ming Azores: Fish Broth SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in the Azores
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Soup is on the menu in this episode of Simply Ming that goes on the road to the Azores. Stopping off at the Island of Pico – Ming learns the secret behind a famous national soup from Manuel Cardoso, a local fisherman and restaurateur, that is centuries old and treasured by those who live on all nine of the Azorean islands. Ming also goes fishing for some select local seafood and uses it to create his own twist on this savory dish.
Recipes Ming's Spicy Thai Coconut Fish Soup Azorean Fish Broth
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores,” 12/27/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD6A5701132E4FD094FA03D76D600C7E.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores.” 12/27/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD6A5701132E4FD094FA03D76D600C7E>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD6A5701132E4FD094FA03D76D600C7E