Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Enrique Caballero and Misty Anaya
WGBH Master Copy La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One APT Master Caballero/Anaya 7/20/2010 NOLA: MHOO 403 Base Revision 001 TRT: 26.46 Op: M.R. TC: SD 29.97 DF 1/8/2010 Anamorphic, CC
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Enrique Caballero and Misty Anaya
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
The diagnosis of children and teens in the United States with type 2 diabetes has skyrocketed over the last 20 years, with Latinos, African Americans, and Native Americans especially at risk. In recognition of World Diabetes Day (Nov. 14), María Hinojosa talks with Dr. Enrique Caballero, director of the Joslin Latino Diabetes Initiative at the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston, and Misty Anaya, an 18-year-old diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at age 12. Anaya is also featured on the MyType2 website, a web community for teens that provides important resources and a forum to share personal stories about living with diabetes.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Enrique Caballero and Misty Anaya,” 07/20/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD61853113114061BEF8D443587C8158.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Enrique Caballero and Misty Anaya.” 07/20/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD61853113114061BEF8D443587C8158>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Enrique Caballero and Misty Anaya. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD61853113114061BEF8D443587C8158