Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Raising the Bar
Raising the Bar
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Raising the Bar
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
What does it take to turn a run of the mill beverage into an exceptional drink? In this episode we'll see how some foodies turn alcoholic drinks into a singular experience in their own right. We'll sample cocktail artist Scott Beattie's daring signature drink menu at Cyprus Restaurant in Healdsburg, California, learn the process of crafting Peruvian Pisco brandy at the Tres Generaciones distillery, and explore the American micro-brewing movement with New York pioneer Garrett Oliver, creator of Brooklyn Lager. We'll observe these quality crafters across the globe as they elevate wine, beer, and spirits into delectable libations as sophisticated as a fine meal.
RECIPES Cheddar Beer Soup Chocolate Stout Cake Chocolate Whiskey Bundt Cake Pan-Seared Steaks with Bourbon-Shallot Sauce Pisco Sour Stilton Cheese Puffs Stout-Braised Short Ribs Exclusive Pisco Primer Gary Regan, author of several books on cocktails and spirits, talks with Gourmet drinks editor James Rodewald about Pisco and "one of God's gifts to mortal man," the Pisco Sour.
From the Pages of Gourmet Magazine Cooking Up Cocktails by James Rodewald The Long View by John T. Edge
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Raising the Bar,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 31, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD4989959D9C4579867E126F3715ABB5.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Raising the Bar.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 31, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD4989959D9C4579867E126F3715ABB5>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Raising the Bar. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CD4989959D9C4579867E126F3715ABB5