Arthur; Arthur Weighs In; Law Of The Jungle Gym
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Weighs In; Law Of The Jungle Gym
- Program Number
903; 120A; 118A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur Weighs In Raye Lankford When Arthur doesn’t fit into his costume for the play, he’s shocked to learn that he’s gotten “husky-sized.” Now he's serious about getting in shape. Will he turn to an all-protein diet? Eat only herbs and berries? Or will he try something really radical...exercise?!
Interstitial Ms. Annmarie Adreani’s third grade class, John Eliot School, Needham, MA – Kids show us how they exercise and discuss healthy lifestyle choices; Ms. Adreani rides her bike to school.
The Law of the Jungle Gym Matt Steinglass Muffy found the perfect place to take pictures with her new digital camera – the jungle gym. Unfortunately, it’s Tough Customer territory, and Molly wants to bully Muffy right out of her new studio. But Crosswires do not compromise! Or… do they?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Weighs In; Law Of The Jungle Gym,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCF636DB894E4D3481B7C86BF1DFC6F1.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Weighs In; Law Of The Jungle Gym.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCF636DB894E4D3481B7C86BF1DFC6F1>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Weighs In; Law Of The Jungle Gym. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCF636DB894E4D3481B7C86BF1DFC6F1