Arthur; What is that Thing?; Buster’s Best Behavior
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- What is that Thing?; Buster’s Best Behavior
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
What Is That Thing?: Arthur and friends are all faced with seemingly impossible tasks, from fixing a model biplane to babysitting D.W. (!) But they each encounter a mysterious and magical device that solves all their problems. What is that thing?!
Buster's Best Behavior: Buster knows he's fun, but he's beginning to feel like he's not particularly good at anything. Arthur knows he's smart, but he's beginning to feel like he's boring. When Buster and Arthur try to become like each other, everyone feels confused!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; What is that Thing?; Buster’s Best Behavior,” 09/01/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCE0325F766E4B6CBFC93062185EEF99.
- MLA: “Arthur; What is that Thing?; Buster’s Best Behavior.” 09/01/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCE0325F766E4B6CBFC93062185EEF99>.
- APA: Arthur; What is that Thing?; Buster’s Best Behavior. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCE0325F766E4B6CBFC93062185EEF99