America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2008: American Rhythm
WGBH HD Master, Captioned 80/ 24 PsF, 64/ 60i
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- America’s Ballroom Challenge
- America’s Ballroom Challenge 2008: American Rhythm
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 2006
Over the course of five weeks, top ballroom dancers compete at the world's largest ballroom dancing competition, in Columbus, Ohio. the series takes viewers onto the dance floor and behind the scenes as 24 couples compete for the ultimate dance title. Series release date: 2006
- Program Description
The dances in the American Rhythm division consist of the cha cha, rumba, swing, bolero and mambo. With the exception of swing, which started in America, these sultry, sexy dances originated in Africa and Cuba. The essential ingredient is the suggestive hip rotation, referred to as “Cuban motion.” This is the only division in which the mambo, bolero and swing are danced competitively.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Event Coverage
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2008: American Rhythm,” 02/06/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCDA4AF639D74FC3918CEF7FFE0D61B8.
- MLA: “America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2008: American Rhythm.” 02/06/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCDA4AF639D74FC3918CEF7FFE0D61B8>.
- APA: America’s Ballroom Challenge; America’s Ballroom Challenge 2008: American Rhythm. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCDA4AF639D74FC3918CEF7FFE0D61B8