Ten O'Clock News; Tactical Patrol Force
Interview with two members of Boston Police Tactical Patrol Force (TPF), explaining their tactics in making arrests, use of force, countering resistance.
- Ten O'Clock News
Tactical Patrol Force
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Boston (Mass.). Police Dept.
- Arrest (Police methods)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Griffith, Gary (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Tactical Patrol Force,” 09/11/1975, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 25, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCB76C1BA9984F769A84CD0CB47FCFD7.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Tactical Patrol Force.” 09/11/1975. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 25, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCB76C1BA9984F769A84CD0CB47FCFD7>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Tactical Patrol Force. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CCB76C1BA9984F769A84CD0CB47FCFD7