Arthur; Arthur Makes Waves; It Came From Beyond
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Makes Waves; It Came From Beyond
- Program Number
906; 123A; 124B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Arthur Makes Waves
With the community pool closed for repairs and the temperature on the rise, Arthur and D.W. need a place to keep cool. After accepting an invitation to James's pool, they discover that his older sister is Molly, leader of the Tough Customers! Can Arthur and Molly get along? Even if they can, will their friends let them?
It Came From Beyond
Grandma Thora takes in a stray: an adorable little dog named...Killer? It soon becomes clear that the name fits, as Killer bullies every person and animal in sight. Can Killer let her guard down long enough to make a few friends, or will she have to give up her new home?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Makes Waves; It Came From Beyond,” 02/08/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CBC4C2BAD32746B89FDF20C7A8D93E5A.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Makes Waves; It Came From Beyond.” 02/08/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CBC4C2BAD32746B89FDF20C7A8D93E5A>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Makes Waves; It Came From Beyond. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CBC4C2BAD32746B89FDF20C7A8D93E5A