Evening at Pops; Anne Murray And Robert Bonfiglio
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Anne Murray And Robert Bonfiglio
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Anne Murray and her band perform some her timeless hits including "I Just Fall In Love Again," "You Needed Me" and "Could I Have This Dance?" Harmonica virtuoso Robert Bonfiglio spans the range of his instrument's potential with selections from classical composer Hector Villa-Lobos and Claude Debussy and a tribute to the great blues harp player Sonny Boy Williams. The Boston Pops Orchestra plays selections from two John Williams film scores: Excerpts from director Ron Howard's new film "Far and Away" and the theme from Oliver Stone's "JFK."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Anne Murray And Robert Bonfiglio,” 06/10/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CB3A78A60F5F47A78C23CC2D126B98B6.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Anne Murray And Robert Bonfiglio.” 06/10/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CB3A78A60F5F47A78C23CC2D126B98B6>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Anne Murray And Robert Bonfiglio. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CB3A78A60F5F47A78C23CC2D126B98B6