Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series I, The: A Great Deliverance
Inspector Lynley A Great Deliverence, Episode 1
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series I, The: A Great Deliverance
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
This two-parter introduces a new detective duo: Inspector Thomas Lynley (Nathaniel Parker, "Far From the Madding Crowd") and Sergeant Barbara Havers (Sharon Small), from the best-selling mysteries by Elizabeth George. He is suave, sophisticated and the eighth Earl of Asherton. She is rumpled, resentful and working class - and holds a very low opinion of the highborn. Theirs is a marriage made not in heaven, but in headquarters, prompting tensions that often get in their way as they tackle a baffling decapitation on a wind-swept Yorkshire farm. 2208-2209 "A Great Deliverance" -- Lynley and Havers are sent to the village ofKeldale, North Yorkshire, where a murder has stunned the tranquil countryside. Farmer William Tey has been found decapitated after a frenzied attack. As Lynley and Havers explore Keldale's dark labryinth of scandal and crime, they discover a shattering series of revelations that reverberate through this English valley -- and their own lives as well.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series I, The: A Great Deliverance,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CACD53A4E8E34317A7DB705133DC4255.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series I, The: A Great Deliverance.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CACD53A4E8E34317A7DB705133DC4255>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Series I, The: A Great Deliverance. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_CACD53A4E8E34317A7DB705133DC4255